Green Mung-Oats Smoothie


This is a very Taiwanese ( or Asian flavour). I had never had sweet Green Mung ever in my life as we would load it with spices in vegetables back in India and eat it for breakfast or lunch. But out here green mung is mixed with sugar and various recipes like soups and desserts are made. It took me a while to adopt the sweet mung flavour but now I love it.

This smoothie is healthy and plenty for my breakfast or light lunch. Mung is fat free and low in carbs but packed with proteins so its all good news.

Ingredients ( Makes 1 400 ml glass)
- 1 tablespoon boiled green mung ( I like to soak it for 6-8 hours and then pressure cooker it)
- 1 tablespoon cooked breakfast oats 
- 1/2 peeled and chopped medium sized apple ( optional)
-  1.5 tsp honey ( sugar or substitute if thats your preference)
- 1 tsp skimmed milk powder ( optional - makes smoothie creamy)
- 200 ml cold water 

Steps:
Put all thee ingredients in the blender and blend it till smooth. Pour it out in a glass and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment