I was really tired of consuming my blueberries in oats, cereals and yogurt and was in a desperate need of something refreshing. This is a quick and easy way to get your anti-oxidants and vitamins and beat the hot summer afternoon.
Ingredients ( for 2)
- 1 cup rinsed and washed blueberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 lemon cut into wedges
- 200 ml chilled water
-1 cup ice cubes
-2 tsp sugar ( or your favourite sugar substitute)
1. Combine blueberries, juice, water and sugar in the blender / juicer and juice it until the berries are nicely squashed.
2. Fill the serving tumbler with ice cubes and squeeze lemon on top. Throw in the remaining wedges in the tumbler.
3. Pour the juice blend on top of lemon ice.
4. Enjoy it chilled.